Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sesame Street Tried to Kill Me, Sharks, an Art Link, and the film, Sexo con Amor


  • SESAME STREET: Sesame Street just got gangsterfied, so I'm gonna run for my life. I consider sharks, snakes, and airplane crashes as extreme fear-inducing things. I'm in terrible pain and full of melancholy and soul crushing sadness, because I must now add the classic Sesame Street to my list of things to fear.
  • SHARKS: Do you, like me, have a morbid curiosity with all things related to sharks? Probably not, but if so, visit this site to fulfill your wacky desires.
  • ART: I've been a huge fan of the New American Painting series for a long time. I just realized they have a website, and it's quite good, it includes links to some of the artists they feature in their magazine.
Language Practice: Quick notes on the Film Sexo con Amor in Spanish(please let me know of my mistakes por favor!):

Ayer vi una pelicula chilena de 2003, Sexo con Amor. Es una pelicula simpatica, la cosa que me gusta es en el titulo! Mucho sexo! Pero en serio, el cuento no es dificil a explicar, la historia revuelve sobre parejas de amores que tienen sus infidelades y problemas distintos con el sexo. La pelicula hace pregunatas como, por que hacemos el sexo y como se concilia el sexo con el amor. Los actores juegan muy bien, hay muchos momentos chistosos, y tambien me gusta la musica. No es una obra maestra, pero la pelicula me ayuda a pasar el tiempo de buena manera!

Es tod
o :)

++++++++++++UPDATE+++++++++++++++

WAT was kind enough to correct my mistakes, so I thought I should post his revision. Thanks WAT! Seeing the original and the revision side by side really helps me!

Ayer vi una película chilena del 2003, "Sexo con Amor". Es una película simpática, ¡lo que más me gusta es el título! ¡Mucho sexo! Pero en serio, el argumento no es difícil de explicar, se trata de parejas amorosas que tienen sus infidelidades y problemas distintos con el sexo. La película hace preguntas como, ¿por qué hacemos el sexo? y cómo se concilia el sexo con el amor. Los actores son muy buenos, hay muchos momentos chistosos, y también me gusta la música. ¡No es una obra maestra, pero la película me ayuda a pasar el tiempo de lo más bien.

Es todo. :)

8 comments:

LA said...

My fear is spiders, and it's "spider season" right now. I have a big stick outside my front door so I can bat down their webs in my yard!

I love that Oscar the Grouch isn't included in the gangsta Sesame Street. He's the first one I expected to see carrying a weapon. In fact, I figured he'd be the ring-leader.

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha, hunting spiders sounds fun. You know, they scare me, but not to the same degree as other things. Scorpions frighten me much more, although I think I saw a black widow in our yard yesterday...ughhhhhh.

Yeah! I didn't even think about Oscar the Grouch!!! He's always so pissed off.

Anonymous said...

I feared Sesame Street long before this.

Anonymous said...

spiders drink out of the corner of your mouth while you sleep did you know? Yes they like drool.

WAT said...

O.k. Here comes my revision:

Ayer vi una película chilena del 2003, "Sexo con Amor". Es una película simpática, ¡lo que más me gusta es el título! ¡Mucho sexo! Pero en serio, el argumento no es difícil de explicar, se trata de parejas amorosas que tienen sus infidelidades y problemas distintos con el sexo. La película hace preguntas como, ¿por qué hacemos el sexo? y cómo se concilia el sexo con el amor. Los actores son muy buenos, hay muchos momentos chistosos, y también me gusta la música. ¡No es una obra maestra, pero la película me ayuda a pasar el tiempo de lo más bien.

Es todo. :)

Sebastien Millon said...

DB: Unfortunately I'm a bit slow, but I thank God I have finally seen the light and now understand how evil Sesame Street is.

Shaymus: Your comment only increases my paranoia. Maybe I'd be safer if I bought myself a fridge and slept in that.

WAT: You are the best!!!! Thank you so much!! How do you get the accents? and the upside down question mark?

WAT said...

Muchacho, muchacho.

This page is a must for you:

http://spanish.about.com/

Bookmark it. As for the accents and all, you press the ALT code and a variety of number codes. All explained here:

http://spanish.about.com/library/weekly/aa031599.htm

Sebastien Millon said...

Cool, thanks for the info. It's been so long since I've had to write accents!