Monday, July 20, 2009

TV Shows and More Alphabetic Misadventures: K is for Kleptomaniac

Hello everyone! Today's letter is "K". I hope you learn a lot from this drawing. Actually, I know you will.

Have you guys seen the show Daisy of Love? It is so awful (meaning wonderful). Not quite as bad (meaning entrancing) as Flavor Flav's show, but still deliriously entertaining in the most ridiculous of ways. Daisy of Love forces me to ponder quite a few existential questions, like: what the hell is going on??? who is Daisy and why does she have her own show? can things get any slimier, more disturbing, more humiliating for these guys, who are chasing this plastic-y blonde on national tv? and who made the rule that plastic-y blondes were so desirable anyways?

One show that I'm really liking is called 16 and Pregnant. Fascinating... can't help but root for these young kiddos having to handle the responsibilities of raising a baby. Of course, some of those kids are so irresponsible, for example, husband-to-be Gary buys a Playstation 3 while on a very tight budget (as in, he won't have enough money to buy baby clothes if he buys this game system)... and then he buys his bride to be an engagement ring at Walmart for $20. Probably takes a lot of guts to try and pull that off on your wife-to-be :) I actually really like Gary's style (although his future in-laws are not fans).




I know what you need! More spam emails! Sign up for my spa... er I mean for my site updates by email. I promise, you will regret it!

14 comments:

Tara said...

This is so cute!! The one on top of the K is thinking, "Um....should I tell our mom or not? Hmm.."

Sebastien Millon said...

Awww, I love that interpretation!!! hadn't even thought of that, just sort of put the little guy up there :)

sammy said...

haha! yes!
but the mommy will probably be happy to finally have some time to herself :)

NoRegrets said...

Ha. I never regret anything! Ha to that too.
Another great print.

crazy4coens said...

those little can kids are just pure evil, aren't they?

Sebastien Millon said...

Sammy: I like this positivity :) very good point

NoRegrets: Thankeroo :)

Crazy4Coens: Super sneaky, yet they are full of love.

Ananda girl said...

I am feeling bad... can't help but wonder if they are related to Crazy Shirlee? ;)

Sebastien Millon said...

Maybe they are also gypsies?!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I can get my own show called "Alien of Love." I know, original, right? 16 and Pregnant, another wonderful show that show what not to do (like getting prego at 16). Sounds like a television tour de force.

Love the drawing. The little kangaroos look pretty clueless. The one top doesn't seem to care.

frenchyflower said...

this one is great! very clever :o)

laura b. said...

Aw! In fairness, I might become a kleptomaniac if there were kute little kangaroos just sitting around :-)
I watch 16 and Pregnant with my 16 year old daughter and we assure each other of how foolish those boys and girls are...makes us both feel better.

Sebastien Millon said...

Aliencg: Alien of Love! Time to make millions with that idea. I think the kiddo kangeroos don't mind it all, just enjoying the ride.

Frenchy: Thanks Frenchy :)

Laura: I think we all have our breaking points. Mine might just be adorable baby kangeroos as well, might have to steal 'em if I ever came across them!

M said...

Love this K is for Kleptomaniac! You've improved so much as an artist. I think kids would love this in a book.

Sebastien Millon said...

Thanks Mariana! Great getting back in touch with you :)