Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Methods in Learning Languages

This might possibly be one of the funniest things I have ever seen. This video has it all, great production values, funky beats, wonderfully touching, nuanced acting, and a grizzly story line that really hits home. I'm serious when I say I'd like to learn Japanese, so if they introduce this new method here in the US, I will be ecstatic.



I wonder if there's a perception in Japan that the US is plagued by crime. I worked in France for a while, and some people there were congratulating me on being brave enough to live in such a dangerous country. They seemed to think that you had to spend more energy and focus avoiding gangsters and machine gun fire than energy and focus at your workplace. Of course there are dangerous neighborhoods. But I think that for some French people to be thinking what they think, well, I don't know, I guess the media in France is just as effective as here, it twists and warps your mind in all sorts of crazy directions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. man this has to be one of the funniest things i've seen. keep up the good work ;)

Sebastien Millon said...

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed the vid.

Sebastien Millon said...

Yes...statistically you are probably right...

Ok, I just like bashing the media, whether its American or French, it's a fun little past time.