Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What am I displeased about?

It pains me to say this, it burns the inside of my stomach to admit it, it even brings tears to my eyes.

Dare I say, nothing has really displeased me lately. I mean, other than my illness. So pretty much nothing has been a displeasure: the wasps are gone from my backyard; there haven't been any snakes or scorpions around; no one has made any egregious driving errors in front of me(of course I haven't been out much); no one has insulted me to my face or looked at me in a way I didn't like(once again, I'm not getting out much, but hey, it still counts); I haven't seen any terrible movies(again, haven't been watching any); the tv shows I've been watching have been rock solid in their quality(well, that is a lie, but it's been enjoyable); the weather is cooling down here finally, so my ridiculous sense of hibernation will hopefully be alleviated, at least to a certain degree.

That is why I include this picture with the bear catching a trout. Apt imagery, hopefully paralleling and foreshadowing my rise out of hibernation into a lean, mean trout hunting machine.

1 comment:

Sebastien Millon said...

I'm sorry!!! Why can't insects just abide by the common knowledge law, do not mess with those bigger than you. Life would be much easier.