Sunday, December 03, 2006

Superhero Stamps, a Miracle, and My Crazy Idea


So first off, I don't know when these stamps (above image) came out, all I know is this, I freakin' love 'em! Got a letter from a friend a little while ago, she used these stamps on the envelope, and I was blown away, coolest stamps ever! Now, I don't quite know what my love of these stamps says about me (maybe that I am nerderific?)... Anyways, I never was a huge fan of action hero comics, but there's just something so damn American about these things, the whole pop culture thingy, I dunno, they're just flat out cool.

A Football Miracle!
As for the miracle? This involves the Arizona Cardinals... They won!! They won a game, didn't blow a huge lead for once! Ahhh, I love Sundays during the NFL season, something so nice about having football on all day long.

Idea: Building a Web Site For My Art
The crazy idea isn't so crazy actually. Possibly far-fetched in terms of my success... I mentioned a while back that I'd like to create a website for my art, well, I do already have a domain. I do have a friend who's willing to set up a site for me, but he's busy and I don't want to hassle him with constantly updating the site, so I think I should learn how to do it myself, hell I should just try and build it myself.

I can't work on my art very often, even little cartoony stuff, but doing stuff on the computer hasn't been too taxing. So I think I'm going to try and build my own site, I'm going to get some books on building websites from the library, and just go from there. The only web experience I have is with this blog, Lord knows if I had never gotten sick I wouldn't know the first thing about computers. So although I'm a novice, I'm kind of excited, I mean, I love projects, I love challenges, so this could be really cool, and I'll probably end up learning a lot! That is, if everything goes according to plan and I can figure out the first steps! I think the current circumstances in my life are perfect for me to give this a shot now, I have a feeling that whenever I'm better health-wise I'll be less inclined to sit around blowing tons of time trying to learn code and web design.

15 comments:

People in the Sun said...

Good luck with the website. I mean, how hard can it be? You're already halfway there with setting up this blog.

Or maybe I'm wrong. I have no idea. I have just recently found the way to change the colors on my default template...

Katie McKenna said...

I have those stamps. Beautiful colours.

I think having your own art spot would be wonderful.

MrManuel said...

I hate those stamps. Hate them with a passion! Ok, really I only hate them because I am a super nerd and hate DC Comics. Hate all those characters because I am a Marvel comics snob. I wrote my displeaseure for these stamps last December:
http://manuelsview.blogspot.com/2005/12/poor-choice.html

They came out in July and then this August, they announced that Marvel stamps would be released in '07. Here are my views on those choices:
http://manuelsview.blogspot.com/2006/08/nerd-alert-post.html

Check out the back posts if you get a chance...

Unknown said...

Why would somebody waste a good stamp on you....wait...I mean on a letter. They should use up last years valentine ones.

(;

Sebastien Millon said...

Katie: Yeah, comic book colors are great!

Mrmanuel: I checked your post... I still like these stamps, but I do so love the Punisher, never read the other ones, but the Hulk is cool too. Were DC and Marvel the main comic book publishers for a long time? Seems like there are lots of independents these days...

Omninaif: I know, 39c is a lot...

Sebastien Millon said...

Mr. Fab: Yes, you need them!!!

People in the Sun: Hahaha, thanks for the encouragement, but I think it's going to be pretty tough...

Anonymous said...

Hey cool...beats sporting hero's by miles

Nikki Neurotic said...

Good luck with the new website, you'll have to make sure to post a link once you have it up and running.

MrManuel said...

They were the big two publishing companies for a very long time and then new independent ones sprouted up. Marvel and DC have definitely regained their stronghold though and are easily the top two companies again despite so many small companies existing.

Sebastien Millon said...

Shaymus: Yeah, nothing beats superheroes!

Silverneurotic: Thanks, I definitely will, I think it might take a while!

Mrmanuel: I didn't realize they were so strong again, thought their power had gradually diminished. Do they still mostly do superhero comics?

MrManuel said...

Yeah, mainly superhero comics, but they have expanded slightly. Still, they are the top dogs with the superhero comics being the main sellers.

Lauren Brazeal said...

A website you say? Cool. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see more of your artwork : )

Sebastien Millon said...

Mrmanuel: It's funny, I love comics, but I've never really read any DC or Marvel stuff, the only thing might've been something like Miller's Batman stuff.

Lauren: Well, it will be an attempt!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how much HTML you know, but here is a great little website I have used to get a feel for it:

http://www.html.net/tutorials/html/introduction.asp

It really helped me learn basic coding!

Let us know when the website is up and running so we can check it out!

Sebastien Millon said...

Sonja: Thank you, I will be checking it out!! Haha, it might take me a while but we'll see!