Thursday, December 14, 2006

World Domination, This Leads Into Thoughts on Napoleon, the French Revolution, and I Talk About a B O O K I Got


How a Midget Became Emperor, An E True Hollywood Story on Napoleon, the Magnificent Midget

World Domination

You people are all awesome and amazing. Because you keep voting for me over at 25peeps, I am slowly but surely inching closer to world domination. Moreover, I haven't even heard a smidgen of complaint about how annoying I am with this thing, but I think it's because you realize how much the duckbill platypuses threaten our way of life, and voting for me is the most sensible thing you can do to stem the tide of their rising power.

Now, I've been reading a bit on Napoleon lately (who my grandmother considers as evil as Hitler mind you, hehe)... Did you know Napoleon wasn't even French (he was from Corsica), but whatever, what I'm saying is this, I'm reading about Napoleon so I can learn from him, so I can further enhance my Machiavellian nature, so I can make better decisions, so I can learn how to grab power in sneakier and more devious ways.

But seriously, Napoleon is a pretty fascinating character, it's interesting how split the French are on his legacy. Some consider him a tyrant, a man who carelessly slaughtered thousands upon thousands (and this includes many French people), some consider him a national hero, a military genius, a man who also instituted serious and important reforms (Civil Code)... My cousin and one of his friends are total Napoleon fanatics, I love baiting them into rants with comments like, 'Napoleon was a bitch' or 'That must've been so embarrassing for the French soldiers who were led into battle by that tiny 3 foot midget!'

For me, what is sad about Napoleon is this, his coronation as emperor marked a bizarre end to the French Revolution (which was pretty murderous in its own right but at least the ideals and thoughts were noble in nature). I mean, you have a revolution by the people and end up with a dictator, that kinda sucks! An interesting thing too, before Napoleon came along, France was by far the most populous country of Europe, something like 20-25 million people, but after Napoleon, since he used so many men for his wars, France lost a generation of men and eventually was outpaced in population by Germany later that century. What is debatable is whether this change in population growth had any effect on the wars that would follow... Who knows, not very important now I guess...

Damn, that was boring, sorry, well, thanks for reading if you did!

Book, Not Literature, It's on Learning HTML, Haha
Well, this book, it's pretty silly I'm talking about this, but I'm kind of excited to try my hand at this stuff, and the book seems really straight forward. So my goal is to learn HTML so I can build my own site for my art stuff, I mentioned this before. I really hope I can follow through on this, it would be great being able to learn how to manipulate content on the web by learning how to build a site. I'm really not going to be too ambitious, I'm going to just try and learn some basics, and if I can learn how to build a room, well then I'll try and learn how to build a house and then a neighborhood. Sometimes when you try and learn something new you get a little too excited, and also unrealistic, and you start dreaming of the stars before you've learned the first basic thing!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a house full of items to make things...and never make the things!

Anonymous said...

I haven't even heard a smidgen of complaint about how annoying I am with this thing, but I think it's because you realize...

It's because we realize you're crazier than a pet loon and we got want to agitate you any more than we have to.

Everyone told me not to tell you but I felt you needed to hear it from people who care. And since the people who care wouldn't say anything I took it upon myself to tell you.

The Ferryman said...

I didn't think it was boring. I loves me some Napoleon!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Napoleon is an interesting character.. especially in the Bugs Bunny cartoons..there is a little guy who looks like him and he's so funny to watch.. I don't know of many movies that were made regarding Napoleon..anyone know ?

fringes said...

Good luck on the HTML learnin'. I give up. But you can do it!

MrManuel said...

That was actually some interesting stuff on Napolean. I am big history buff. Doesn't mean I know a lot. I just like to learn it.

Sebastien Millon said...

Cindra: Haha, I know, that's the problem, well, it's good being ambitious... but it's tough sometimes finishing the job!

Bice: Haha, I am crazier than a pet loon! Yet, I'm not as crazy as a duckbill platypus (for that I'm lucky).

Tjotjog: Haha, I knew you would! Napoleon was one fiesty midget!

Babybull40: Would that be Elmer Fudd? Not sure... Oh yeah, there are some supposedly good movies on Napoleon, although I've never seen them.

Fringes: Haha, thanks, it is a daunting task and failure is most probable!

Mrmanuel: Hey thanks! Didn't know you were a history buff! I love history, and like you say, doesn't mean I know a lot, I just enjoy learning...

M said...

Napoleon's hypocrisy was really disgusting: let's thrown down the monarchy... so I can become an emperor. Jee, thanks for liberating the people, Nap. And that thing about killing millions of people is unpleasant too. But in his own way he made the name of France great. It's like the Pharaohs: they neglected their subjects, but they made the pyramids for which Egypt is known to this day. You can't argue with results.

Sebastien Millon said...

Yeah, he did some good, but did some bad too! Although I tend to view him as power hungry, he was a smart man in many ways.

Cassandra said...

To World Domination!!!! Do you need to know HTML for World Domination? I suppose these days it can come in handy.
hehehehe... crazy as a pet loon.

Cassandra said...

PS... you're on top again.

Of 25 peeps, that is.

Cassandra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sebastien Millon said...

Oh Babs, it's all because of you!! My loyal general! HTML, why yes, I do believe that will be useful in our quest for world domination!!! Just found another scorpion here, he will be perfect in our Special Ops Scorpion Unit.

Anonymous said...

cute, funny, no annoying boob pictures. that's why i clicked your pic

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha, thanks Heather!!!

WAT said...

I think the History Channel has some program on Napoleon tonight around 9 is it? Check yer listings.