Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sharks, did you think I had stopped worrying about you?

This post involves one item which melds two things that utterly fascinate me: art and sharks.

Because I spend an unbelievable amount of time thinking about sharks, my mind was bound to get around to this question.

Whatever happened to that art piece by Damien Hirst, “The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living”?

Basically, whatever the hell happened to that huge, rotting, frightening, yet delightfully dead giant shark which Damien Hirst artfully placed in a giant tank? I was going to tell you, but my link died. Instead I'll provide this link to Hirst's bio.

Although Hirst's shark piece is cool/ridiculous(depending on your views), we can't ever forget that sharks are everywhere, very much alive, very very hungry, and they love the thrill of feasting on poor defenseless humans who don't even see them coming and don't stand a measly chance against such magnificently awesome apex predators.

That is all :)

+++++++++UPDATE+++++++++++++++++
I found a site that links to a video of Hirst refurbishing his giant shark piece!!!! Coooooooooollll.

2 comments:

WAT said...

Sharks are really cool creatures. I remember as a kid being fascinated by the JAWS films and anything to do with them. I imagine getting attacked/bitten by one of these things must not be pretty though, but shark attacks are pretty rare. That's why I'd rather stay in swimming pools!

All animals fascinate me really. They add such an important value to all our lives and of this Planet. It's just too bad we're destroying Earth.

Sebastien Millon said...

You are soooo right. Sharks are amazing creatures, and I also have a fascination with the animal world. The diversity of life on this planet is just astonishing and a true gift.

I do love these creatures, but they really scare the crap out of me!!!