Saturday, March 17, 2007

Drawing. Movie. Books.

I'm posting another cartoony drawing... macabre, like usual :)

And I included a chainsaw in this drawing, I know many of you were unhappy with the lack of chainsaws in my drawings. I will try to ratchet up the level of violence in my future drawings. Well, maybe. That's not a promise.

I couldn't fall asleep last night because my head was hurting. So I passed the time watching a movie on tv. The movie was really silly, but it was great. Movie was called Transporter 2 or something of that nature. It was good fun, the villains were totally villainous and great, the love interest was very sexy, the dialogue was horribly horrible, and the action scenes were pretty ludicrous/terrible but somehow that added to the movie's charm.

Other than that, not much to report. I did start what seems to be a great book by a French author I've never read before (Francois Mauriac). There's a bunch of French writers from the 50s era I'd really like to get back into, been a while since I read that stuff. I'm especially looking forward to reading some Boris Vian novels, that guy is crazy great, at least the one book of his I read, L'ecume des Jours, was awesome... definitely recommend that novel, it's been translated in English so it shouldn't be too hard to find if you're interested. It's surreal and wild, but it's full of tragedy and despair too. I really need to reread it, but I don't have a copy of it anymore...

Anyways, hope everyone is having a great weekend! and enjoying the basketball.


My sister said I should change the background so I took her advice! but I'm having trouble coming up with the right color... Please, feel free to give me suggestions, any sort of change I should make in a drawing, or ideas for future drawings!


13 comments:

Ak-Man said...

What software do you use to draw these pics?

Ak-Man said...

I've seen the first Transporter, thought it was ok, but its also kind of the reason why i havenet bothered to watch the sequel.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Where on earth do you find such inspiration? Freaky good fun...

Becky said...

mmm. i love your talent, seb.

i've been dealing with the same headache for almost two weeks now. comes and goes comes and goes. perhaps a dr. visit is in order. i mention it because i can relate. i hope you aren't having to endure one today.

may check out the translated french book. merci!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sebastien Millon said...

Ak-man: Been using photoshop. Just scan in a drawing and color it in, pretty simple. Yeah, the Transporter, it's not mind blowing, but it is mind numbing!

Fab: I knew you'd appreciate the chainsaw!

Good for Me: Thanks so much! I hope your headaches get better, thank you for mentioning your situation, I think it helps knowing we aren't alone when we experience pain, although I certainly don't wish anyone else to be in pain!

Shelly: Hi Shelly, I will check it out.

L said...

nothing wrong with macabre :) I bet you'd like my friend's art work at miserychildren.com

Tara said...

I love the prison uniform on the bear there.

This weekend I finally saw the movie "Hostel". I wrote a review on MySpace, but I might post something on my blog later on. I liked the movie. Very twisted and disturbing.

fringes said...

I like the pink. You do awesome work with these.

Sebastien Millon said...

L: Oh yeah, I know her work, it's awesome!!!

Tara: Cool, I must check it out, twisted and disturbing are right up my alley :)

Fringes: Thanks so much Fringes!!!

MrManuel said...

I like the pink better. Makes it stand out better. I saw the first Transporter. Didn't really inspire me to see the 2nd! lol

Sebastien Millon said...

Thanks buddy! Ohhhh, yeah, but it's good mindless fun :)

Anonymous said...

pink is good--maybe an even lighter pink? or what about a very light brown--not sure if that would look good, but it's a thought.