Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Lessons. Books.

First off. Thanks for all the well wishes for my mom. I will be writing more when we know more, still waiting for some test results, but so far things have gone as well as they could have... she is quickly recovering from a successful surgery. But we're not in the clear yet, so of course we are hoping for the best, but we remain prepared to tackle whatever situation arises. Forgive me, I'm still too worried to write about all of this in full detail.

In other news...

Gave another French lesson today. I know I keep saying this, but it's such a great experience, things are going so well, and I can't believe my health is holding up enough for me to do these lessons!

I think I'm going to keep giving lessons even when I'm better. Maybe give some painting lessons too if I have the time for all of that. And for some reason someone wants me to tutor their daughter in science. Hey, why not, I liked science, specially my biology class with the British teacher who always pronounced evolution as 'EVIL-ution.' I laughed every time he said that. He just made evolution sound so damn terrible, like a curse or something. It made me want to kick evolution's ass.

I can't wait to be all the way better. I'm going to go shoot some pool. I guess that has nothing to do with anything.

Anyways.

I've been reading "Alice in Wonderland." I've actually never read it before. It is sooooo AWESOME! I love it. Every word is perfect. Wouldn't change a thing.

Also started reading Milton's "Paradise Lost." I had a friend who always talked about that poem... and since my mind feels sharper these days, I figured why not read it. It's surprisingly readable, and quite a fascinating story, all about the fall of man, but it seems that a lot of the story is told from Satan's perspective. Satan's perspective! How can this book not be awesome?

Unfortunately, for the greater part of this illness I felt too sick to read. And I have a feeling that as I keep getting better I'm probably going to have less and less of a chance to read. In the gradual march back to health, life will takeover my life, which is a good thing! And, as wonderful as literature is, it doesn't quite replace life (obviously!)! I really want to be doing stuff, got tons of projects in the works, I think I've had enough sitting around for a lifetime... Shoot, I can't even begin to talk about all my plans. Got so many. Quite a few art projects lined up with different people. I'm excited.

But in the meanwhile, as I keep recovering, I'll be reading lots of stuff. I'm just thankful I don't have the pain like I used to, watching tv was the only thing I could manage in a sad effort to grind out those terrible days. At least I learned a lot about celebrities. Like Paris Hilton. God I love Paris!

And I like Lindsay Lohan too.

But Britney annoys me.

So, that's it for now I guess.

12 comments:

Deb said...

Just wanted to say I really like your blog...especially the drawings. I'm going through some stuff with my Mom right now - not sure of your situation but I know how rough it is. We had to put Mom in a hospice on Christmas day. Best wishes to your Mom and to you.

Anonymous said...

Where the hell have I been? Sorry to hear about moms. But on a happy note glad to hear you're doing well enough these days to start living a bit more... and pain free from the sounds of it. Very good news.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

It's nice to hear you getting better everyday.. Sorry to hear about your Mom.. Hopefully it will all be okay soon.. If I was to learn a new language I think it would be Spanish.. my brother Solipsist/Artbag can speak Spanish and it would be so cool to have a conversation with him..

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Hope everything keeps improving for your mom.

I read Paradise Lost in college. Great book!

Love Lohan!?!?!? Can't stand her. She is actually who I hate the most out of the whole skank bunch. Paris is just an idiot, Britney is just crazy, but Lohan I think is just waste of talent.

MrManuel said...

Oops, forgot to switch over after my wife commented on my blog. That was my comment above!

Nikki Neurotic said...

Got to love the positive attitude Seb!

tkkerouac said...

How do you think you got the mono, its also known as kissing disease. Did you have the swollen glands in the neck too? would love to see your etchings.

WAT said...

"It made me want to kick evolution's ass."

Good one! HAHA!

I just can't read books anymore. I do all of my reading on the net. Wish I'd get my lazy ass to actually pick up a book. I used to do it lots in high school and college.

Not anymore. I'm old. Tired. Work sux.

My life is like "Paradise Lost."

Trey said...

I highly recommend Carrol's "Sylvie and Bruno" and "Sylvie and Bruno Concluded". As good as the Alice books, but funnier in spots.

tkkerouac said...

Now come see my daughter raymis ass.

M said...

The Alice adventures weren't a part of my childhood either. Like you I only read them later. They're cool, but Alice is always angry about something, and I find that a bit tiresome.

Sebastien Millon said...

Deb: Thanks so much for visiting and the nice compliments! Thank you so much for the kind wishes and I hope your mom will be ok. Health problems are such a fright.

Bice: Thanks so much Bice, you are awesome, always good to see you around. I know you're busy with your show!

Babybull: Spanish, such a beautiful language...

Mrmanuel: Haha, I love your anger! Reminds I need to do a celebrity post...

Silver: Thanks Silver!

Tkkerouac: It's hard to say, there's different ways, I'd been going out with a girl for quite a while when I got sick, I have no clue how it happened... I will try and put up some of my other art up, specially since I'm feeling better it doesn't make me sad anymore...

WAT: I totally understand. With the grind of work and life, it's near impossible having the energy to read anything...

Taarzaan: I'm writing that down and will definitely check it out!

Mariana: Hmmm, I never really thought of that, but that is a good point, she is always displeased, that little PUNK!!!