Thursday, March 08, 2007

Israel.

One of my blogging buddies, People in the Sun, wrote a post about his experience of serving in the Israeli army. It's a really wonderful post, a fascinating first person account, and, well, there's lots of things I could say about it, but, if you have the time you should really read it yourself and see what you think.

Thinking of this stuff reminds me of this Palestinian girl I worked with back in Chicago. She was really great, we were both way into art so that's what we talked about a lot of times, but she talked about Israel from time to time. It was cool hearing her views, rarely do you hear the Palestinian side of things.

But it's such a complicated situation, mostly complicated by greedy politicians who stand to gain from things not working out...

God, it's so easy blaming politicians, I love it!

By the way, I just discovered this picture, it makes me laugh. I always knew Sesame Street was in cahoots with bin Laden.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The evil conservative politicians would say that since Burt is the gay one on Sesame Street, it only naturally follows that he's in cahoots with Osama.

Christine and FAZ said...

yes, but only one of them in the picture has a sense of humour. FAZ

Ak-Man said...

"God, it's so easy blaming politicians, I love it!"

Meanwhile politians are blaming God

Anonymous said...

I never trusted Bert!!

Anonymous said...

The characters were originally going to be Bert and Bin Laden but Bin Laden had scheduling conflicts so they hired Ernie instead. True story.

Nikki Neurotic said...

A family friend donated the use of his mansion for a week or so to a program that brings Jewish girls and Palistini girls together in hopes of bridging friendship and acceptance between the two races. It's a very cool program, wish I had more info on it though.

M said...

So that's where Bin Laden has been all along, on Sesame Street! I always knew he'd hide in plain sight.

Anonymous said...

I always suspected Ossy had a hand up his arse :)

Anonymous said...

Great post, keep up the good work!
Keep the fire burning that you WILL get better and try to remember that there is always someone out there worst off then you are. I work in a hospital and when I see some patients there, I am just happy to wake up in the morning!

Chris

Fred said...

this frightening

Sebastien Millon said...

Sonja: It all makes so much sense now...

Faz: Haha!

Ak-man: I guess we all gotta find someone to blame!

Tom: Sesame Street always scared me...

Bice: You know everything! It amazes me.

Silver: That is such a great idea, and really necessary in this day in age where hate just fuels more hate...

Mariana: I know, it's so obvious now!

Shaymus: Hahaha!

Chris: Thanks Chris! Well, I know many others suffer and I always remember my luck, and I know I will get better! Life is life, being alive is a miracle!

Fred Wong: I know, the truth is difficult sometimes...

Deb said...

This is the third Sesame Street reference I've seen in two days...very strange.

I, too, feel for both sides who are innocent victims caught in the crossfire.

Sebastien Millon said...

Sesame street is everywhere. The be all end all...

Anonymous said...

Sesame Street was the staple of my kiddie life, and now you've added Osama (!!!!!!!!!!!!) LOL...

there is a bit of a resemblence there...weird. I'm traumatized Seb...yeah...

:P

Sebastien Millon said...

I know, life is so crazy and unpredictable, it frightens me too :)

Anonymous said...

Check out this link:

http://www.worth1000.com/default.asp?display=photoshop