Friday, November 17, 2006

I Can't Help Myself! Google Searches...


+


+


=

GOOGLE SEARCHES!


More on the wacky interesting ways people get to this site (sorry this just fascinates me, I'm like a cat with a ball of yarn, or maybe I should say, a cat on a bicycle...).

Searches include:

"what if Jesus said i have a headach"- That's not in the Bible?

"Bike Painting Scorpions"- I've never met a scorpion that couldn't paint. I also never thought of doing google searches while stoned, maybe this is the kind of stuff you think of?

"Can You Tell Me About the Duckbill Platypus"- Unfortunately these searches are becoming all too common, I think it's the main way people are finding me. Well, at least they will be fairly warned about the evilness of the duckbill platypus.

"duckbill platypus sting"- For real? I thought they were pretty harmless, after some serious research, I have learned that these creatures deliver a powerful sting, so powerful you won't be able to move your limbs for several days! Wow, the duckbill platypus just got bumped up a couple spots on my 'To Fear' list.

"duckbill platypus youtube fly"- Not sure what this means, although it implies the duckbill platypus has learned how to fly. We are all in big trouble if that is the case.

"sick cartoon bears"- I like cartoons, I like bears, not sure if I like sickness though...

"cat jumping on a bike"- The question is, can they pop a wheelie? Animals and bikes...seems to be a common theme on this blog? Well, I've realized I talk a lot about animals, and that's why I get these searches, I think.

"acupuncture fire steven segal"- Is that his new movie?

"think of the words to say i'd like to think that"- My method of google searches is generally a little more concise and to the point than this person's... Sebastien says, check the thesaurus.

"awesome house party Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends cheat code"- Ever since I posted that clip from the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends show, I've been getting tons of searches for this cheat code. Must be pretty special.

The damnedest thing is, now that I've written this, I'm only going to engender a slew of similar searches. Akin to the famed snowball effect...

17 comments:

James said...

haha, and to think i just got here by clicking the next blog button; how very boring!

http://islandphilosophy.blogspot.com/

poppedculture said...

Seeing how people land on my page with odd Google searches has really got me questioning their search algorithms. Jut because I have all the words a person is looking for, if they are contained in several different posts, that is not a good search result. Of course I do enjoy the traffic...

M said...

My biggest client is Google too...

Sebastien Millon said...

Lilfeathers2000: Is this my first spam???

James: Hmmmm, does this mean I'm boring? I'm going to go cry in the corner and suck my thumb, that always makes me feel better!

Jeremy: Yeah, that's a good point. Gotta love the random traffic, by the looks of it I think people are starting to consider me an expert on the duckbill platypus threat.

Mariana: You should do a post on the searches you get to your site, I'm curious.

Anonymous said...

What kind of a blog are you running here - Sheesh! The fact that these searches led to your blog makes me wonder :)
I don't get searches as remotely interesting as yours. I do get a lot of searches for yams, though.

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha, good question! Yams, now, do you provide quality information on this subject????

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these! I often get a great laugh reading through my awstats referrals page. Here are some from this month:

- feed a pigeon lose a finger
- crazy japanese toilet
- funny things cartoon dogs say
- deaf people doing gymnastics
- why do my farts stink?
- is it ok to eat your girlfriends toilet

I run a humor site (the first three are actually relevant), but even so ... people type some strange things into Google.

Anonymous said...

You must be writing posts that never see the light of day in order to get hit with these searches.

Anonymous said...

How do you find that info out??? is it in the site meter settings??

Sebastien Millon said...

Say No To Crack: Oh man, those are amazing!!! Haha, unbelievable what people search for!!!

Nicole: In some weird way, some of these searches make sense, especially the duckbill platypus. I've talked about that creature quite a bit!

Shaymus: Yeah it's in the site meter, when you look at referrals, you can click on the thingy that shows you what the search actually was...

Anonymous said...

AH SO! NOW ME UNDERSTANDY!

Sebastien Millon said...

I bet you get some really crazy ones Shaymus! Ummmm, not that you're crazy or anything... Haha!

Cassandra said...

I think my favorite of yours has got to be "acupuncture fire steven segal"
My top searches are all about going insane and "babs". I get an off the wall one every now and then.

Katie McKenna said...

lol.. I came through Cindra's barter blog to see your work! :)
I love all the colourful pictures!

Sebastien Millon said...

Babs: That one is classic. I'd think you'd be getting tons of crazy ones at your site...hey, have you topped Barbara Streisand yet on google???

Katie: Thank you so much for the compliment, I will be making things much more violent soon enough!!! well, maybe I will...

Hey everybody should give me ideas of stuff to do... I got a bunch, but if anyone has requests or ideas...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I must admit I have a yam recipe on my blog. Who knew yams were so popular?!

Sebastien Millon said...

Well then, I'm glad to hear that at least the yam searches make sense!!!!