Friday, November 24, 2006

What Movie To See? Gassehnauer Song, Plus Two Music Videos Featuring Zakir Hussain, Plus Art Links

Ok, I don't have much news to report. Hmmm, if I feel ok I think I might see a movie with some friends, either The Departed, but I really want to see the new Bond, or that movie Happy Feet (my sister told me about it, there's like, dancing penguins! Did you know I'm a sucker for animated penguins?!).

Music Stuff
Check out this song over at Stuff on Fire, it's called Gassehnauer. I LOVE IT!

I also found these crazy cool videos on youtube. The first video features the tabla playing Zakir Hussain, accompanied by a guy on Japanese drums. Second video is Zakir Hussain doing a solo.



Art Stuff
If you haven't checked out Bibi's Box yet, you should! She just posted on a couple artists that are worth checking out. The artists include the sculptor Edouard Martinet, and also the mesmerizing work of Marco Guerra and Yasmina Alaoui, who work along the lines of body art that includes intricate arabesque designs, just incredibly beautiful patterns!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard great things about the Bond movie. We saw the Departed a few weeks ago. It was very good. DiCaprio shines. We loved it and will probably buy it when it is available. We took Mother-in-law and Grandson to see Happy Feet. It is very enjoyable. I highly recommend it.

Sebastien Millon said...

Great, sounds like all these flicks are pretty good! Everyone seems to be enjoying the Bond...

Nikki Neurotic said...

I was going to go see The Departed last month, but I couldn't go on the day we'd planned and then my grandmother died later that day anyway so I'm kind of taking it as a sign not to see the movie.

I liked those music links, especially the first one.

Sebastien Millon said...

Wow, I'm so sorry, well, I understand that feeling, sort of like you're not meant to see that.

Glad you liked the music!

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy there is no more puss brosnan to put up with!

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha, I haven't seen many of the ones he was in, now that I think about it I haven't seen a Bond movie in general in a long time.