Thursday, November 09, 2006

Firefox Is Frustrating Me, Blogger Is Frustrating Me, But Google Searches Make Me Happy

I'll start this off with something fun (that of course, is very subjective!). Google searches of how people get to your site, they can be pretty funny. Naturally, I get a lot of people searching 'chronically sick,' and all that jazz.

Well, I've started getting some different ones lately:
  • 'what does a dead leave look like on the big fat awsome house party on fosters home for imagenary friends' : The answer is I have no freakin' clue. And why or how you came to my site looking for the answer to this, it's completely baffling, but quite marvelous I suppose.
  • 'violent mouvies' : Well, I do talk about violent movies a lot. Maybe the demographic of my readers is extremely young and they can't spell???
  • 'meow mis meow mix. i want meow mix' : Another spelling error, but I have to credit the searcher for their passion for meow mix. Can't fault anyone for loving the meow mix.
  • 'rotting body photoshop tutorial' : I felt guilty for this one, why haven't I done a post explaining how to do this. How else can you make effective zombies?
  • 'pictures of baby duckbill platypus' : I feel bad for this. This person WAS probably a duckbill platypus lover, and visiting my site probably crushed all their sweet illusions. I hope that person wasn't too disheartened when they found out how terrible and nefarious a creature the platypus truly is. The truth ain't always pretty.
  • 'weird sex pictures' : I think that was the first sex search that I've had. I don't think I've posted any weird sex pictures, I really don't think I have.

Firefox and Blogger: I Pray For Your Sake That You Start Cooperating

Oh Firefox, why must you anger me so. You don't want to open, you freeze up and don't let me post comments, or maybe that part is blogger's fault. I don't freakin know. It's so hard to tell what's wrong in the computer universe. I'm not a computer expert, but I'll tell you what I'm gonna do if this chicanery continues...

My lovely next door neighbor has a double barrelled shotgun, and since I've been watching lots of sadistic violent movies lately, I probably can figure out how to use it. Firefox, and you too blogger, you are both going to be staring down the barrel of the shotgun, and you better pray that you start working, because if you don't, your guts are going to be plastered along the wall behind my desk, in a nice modern art Jackson Pollock sort of way. Toodaloo, I'm off to the neighbors!

Actual picture of a FIREFOX(Red Panda)! I want one so bad!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely. I get a lot of depressing searches sent to my blog. Like how to end a marriage. Nothing nearly as funny as what you have. Except "I want a hot persian girlfriend." You know, I don't think I even used the word persian anywhere in my blog. Creepy.

And yes, I want a Firefox too. They're so cute! :)

Sebastien Millon said...

Hey! Well, I use this thing called Sitemeter. It's free, and it tells you a bunch of random, probably useless info. But the google searches info is kinda fun to see what people look up to get to your site.

Sebastien Millon said...

Oh what is wrong with Blogger? The comments are out of order now???

Joy: Oh man, that is heavy stuff! Yeah that is weird with the Persian girlfriend thing, what a weird thing for someone to look up!

Let's start a we want a firefox club!!!

Anonymous said...

hey ...the top one great...I must try that...I am sure I have some interesting ones too...
I just updated to the new blogger...seems a bit more user friendly....

Sebastien Millon said...

Shaymus, you gotta post yours up, you must have some really hilarious stuff with the material you post!

Barry Nong said...

I have just started it last week..Its going to be just a one picture a day blog....I will tag this comment with the link

M said...

I too use the Elvis form of criticism -- shoot'em up, but like Elvis only for bad TV. I'm lucky to have a hubby who is pretty savvy with computers, so I'm good in that department. And those foxes are totally Cute Overload worthy!

Sebastien Millon said...

Shaymus: Great! Always good to have more pics! What's the particular reason that you started a one picture a day, was the other one having too much stuff?

Mariana: You are lucky! Oh yeah, Elvis form of criticism is the best!

We really really need to start a We Love Firefox club, we just gotta!

Anonymous said...

Some of the stuff I get as well really does make me wonder but then, at least it ties in with the content of the blog where as your search results...doesn't?

Anyhow...wanna swap some weirdos? Seems like you have your fair share of them!

Anonymous said...

Thought it would be a good place to achive the best ones I have done over the last 2 months...and put new ones...I am developing some of my own little characters so they will get a go occasionally...just a low maintenance fun blog
What is the Mb limit to these blogger ones...re total blog size?

Sebastien Millon said...

Rev. Gelgoth: Hmmm, I do think most of the searches make sense, although the weird sex pics one is kinda out of nowhere. Oh yeah, I'm totally up for swapping weirdos!!!!

Shaymus: That sounds like a good idea. Well, I'm not sure the limit, I think it's relatively high, over 250mb is my guess.

MrManuel said...

It is always fun to see how people get to your site. I was going to do another post like this tomorrow.

I go back and forth over Firefox and IE. I like them both. IE does seem faster for me though.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Who are you calling a weido Buddy :)

Sebastien Millon said...

Mrmanuel: Cool, I'm looking forward to your post! It's really hilarious, I remember the ones you posted last time, some of those are drop on the floor laughing funny. As for Amare, it's going to be tough, but hopefully he makes it through! The Kings! I like Bibby, he's from around here, but Artest, he's a tough player but a bit of a loose cannon.

Shaymus: Hahaha! Oh not you Shaymus... just the weirdos who do funny searches :)

Anonymous said...

YOu don't even want to know what kind of searches I get.

Hey I have a ton of pictures of the red panda because when we went to the zoo with my brother, he spent like a half hour taking pictures of them. THeir teeth looks sharp. And they look sneaky.

Jayne d'Arcy said...

I just upgraded to Firefox 2.0 and am thinking of rolling back to my previous install. I thought they said it was faster. It's taking an awful long time to open.

Sebastien Millon said...

Helen: Haha, come on Helen, do a post on it so we can all laugh! About the firefoxes, it sounds like you're saying I should fear them, and after what you've said, it's possible I might have to add them to my 'To Fear' list.

Jayne: Yeah, come to think of it, that's probably why Firefox is being such a pain lately, that new install. Didn't even think of that.

Anonymous said...

Sebastien- I think you and my brother were twins separated at birth. Seriously.

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha, I don't know if that's a good thing! I'll take it as a compliment, because I'm sure your brother is a spectacular person!